Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Workshops continued



One of the girls in my workshop had written "fuck you" in English with a pen on the knee of her jeans. I joinkingly pointed and asked her why it was there. She was so embarassed, it was hilarious. Save covered jet mouth, couldn't stop laughing and crossed her legs to hide it.

I was told that my Arabic accent is so nice, that it's sweet like a child's.

I closed today's workshop with "world ball" - each participant says something about a place that has meaning to them. One girl said she wanted to go to China because age liked the people's eyes... I really really need to talk to my anti-racism buddy. Aside from that most of the youth named Palestine (which wasn't shown on the globe we were using) and Iraq.

One of the participants, Husam, looks just like younger version of my brother. Someone in the program building likes death metal, apparently, and has written about it all over the place in red marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment